Thursday 27 December 2012

More Wintery Shetland Photography

Dore Holm
I'm still really enjoying being home but  we've had some pretty awful weather. I haven't seen more than a handful of hours of direct sunshine in the last 2 weeks.


The Drongs

On Christmas Eve, my parents and I were on our way to the local shop when we spotted an otter and her cub right beside the road. Luckily my dad had a camera with him. The one occasion I didn't have mine with me, interesting critters appeared.
They left me to fend for myself while they went to the shop and I snapped away. The lens wasn't long enough and the light was so poor that I barely got anything salvagable, despite them being so close. Maddening.
 I followed them along the beach for as long as I could before I couldn't feel or move my fingers or toes.

Christmas day was great. I've eaten my own body weight in chocolate since being home.
Our house on Christmas day. My brother, dad and grandad.
 It has been threatening to snow again the last few days, getting really cold today. It worries me that I may get stuck here, as the council is cutting funds to gritting roads. Roads like mine aren't being gritted anymore. Oh the fun.
Some really unusual ice formations today on the lochs
Kind of an abstract landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment